ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door handle inserts

172 MKII FF
Don't know if this is just my car or all 172's. Whenever I clean my car inside the handle inserts are really awkward. They always seem sticky and catch fluff et. Very annoying because if it is raining and I open the door, rain gets on the surface of the inserts and makes them even more sticky.

Has anyone experienced this or is it just my car?

CLIO MK2 172
I just brought a 172 last week and I thought the guy I brought it from made it sticky so is it like that from the start then?

P.S I have the same problem

172 MKII FF
I just brought a 172 last week and I thought the guy I brought it from made it sticky so is it like that from the start then?

P.S I have the same problem

It's very annoying and I would love to know how to sort it. I have also noticed that when I put my steering lock on leave the car out in the sun all day, when I come to take the steering lock off it pulls some of the steering leather (imitation leather) off. So I now have blotchy areas where the 'skin' has been pulled off.

ST
Garages and multi story car parks work a treat...

If i do have to park it in the sun, i put a towel over the wheel to stop this happening..

Nearly 17k and my interior is still mint.

Mito Sportiva 135
Mine has done 35k and still looks immaculate. Rather sad but I actually have some driving gloves - I have some eczema on my hand so it stops that rubbing against the wheel that has some products on, and also makes me look PIMP ;)