ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Lock Problem :(

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Hi everybody

I'm having trouble again with the clio, the driver's door refuses to lock either from the central locking key or the button on the inside. I cant hear any noise to suggest it is trying. I've tried cleaning the visible part of the lock up and greasing it but still no life.

Do the PH2's have motors in the door and do they go over time or just fail out right ?
Also does anybody have the part number for a new motor should it need one and how much ?

Muchos Gracias

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Problem resolved. good old case of resistance. Took apart the lock and found the terminals to power the motor where green and brown (very rusty) autosoled the connectors and crock clips and IPA's them. Used a bit of elec tape to stop it coming back :)

Clio Sport 16V 1.2L
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, the drivers door will not lock and no activity from the lock mech.
In order for me to investigate, could somebody please guide me on how to remove and replace the door card?

Best Regards

Rob.

Renault clio
the door card is held in with clips which you need to prise apart , un screw the inside door handle and the bit you close thr inside door with, you might have to unscrew the speaker as well depending what model etc you have

the door card is held in with clips which you need to prise apart , un screw the inside door handle and the bit you close thr inside door with, you might have to unscrew the speaker as well depending what model etc you have
thread-revival-jpg.jpg