ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Pins - Nick

How the hell did you wire up your flashin red door pins? Ive just got some and after about 3hours and plenty of french, I managed to get the old plastic door pins off the wire things.

Then it took me another 3 hours and some more french to fit the new ones and get em to stay. It was by now dark, and even attempting to wire them up seemed futile.

After some more aggro I managed to get the rubber wire-holder thingie off the door pillar on the drivers side, only to discover Renault use a large plug with all the wire connectors on, so i cant add anymore wires from the body to the door!

I have 2 spare wires inside the door - grey/purple and grey/white. they have a plug on the end just underneath the inside of the door mirrors, but are not connected to anything. can i use these wires to connect to the LEDs, then find them inside the bodywork and connect them up properly (to the alarm LED I was thinkning)...

...Or in your infinate wisdom is there an easier way of doing this?

Many thanks, Hopefully theyll be ready for tonight! Youll recognise em as they dont flash the normal colour!

Ben

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

bloody hell ben, whats with u and lights on ur car.
next thing youll want will be strobe lighting!!

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

Yeah, i was thinking about getting 4 green outdoor strodes and then putting them behind each wheel.
not sure if it will work but sounded good

OK Ive dunnit now!

Anyone else whos thinking of doing this grrrreat mod - be warned! It wasnt easy! I had to drill through the door and use rubber grommets, then the same through the body which isnt easy when youve got a door in the way!

Anyhow, they work now so alls good! Im ready to show em off at Southend.....

BMW 320d Sport

Its not easy and the worst of it is that no-one realises how difficult it is to do on a Clio, you can easily take up a day or two working on those bloody door pins! Everyone thinks its a 5 minute pocket-money mod!

Glad you got it done in the end though, congratulations