ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

doors on the wonk

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
opened it tonight and the wind took it, it went right back pretty quickly

i shut the door and went into the gf's, when i came home i got in and closed the door, it didn't close properly, and then again when i got out when i got home, it seems to be hanging low..

any ideas?

on a valver

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
wind did this to me door, onto a f**king wall, massive flat spot, chipped the paint etc, so pissed off.

pretty sure its gonna cost me a lot to get fixed, gutted

182 Cup
Same thing happened to my old 1.2, wind took it, loud crack noise and the door always wobbled a bit when it was opened from then on.
Do the gently pulling up thing as already posted.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i have had a look, i was thinking it was the door pins if they are the 2 bolts above and below the hinge, if so it does look like that is where the play is, is it a case of new door pins or can i adjust these to suit?

also what tool do i need for the bolts as i can't really see them

Trophy #473
just slowly but agressivly pull the door up when fully open, the hinges are very strong as they are welded on so will need a good pull to bend back into alignment, wont need much tho, maybe also readjust the catch on the b pillar too.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
^^^he's the man

shame i couldn't adjust the catch on the b pillar, the catch strap bolt had stripped the thread in the pillar straight out, was a task sorting that after a tool mechanic re threaded it with a 9mm thread..which if you didn't know are highly rare

sorted now though....cheers dan