ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dota 2

F82 M4
To be honest mate I've hardly played it, seams pretty good though. I'm still undecided if it's better than League of Legends or not. I'm the same as you, only really play CS. Been playing Promod lately. :cool:

To be honest mate I've hardly played it, seams pretty good though. I'm still undecided if it's better than League of Legends or not. I'm the same as you, only really play CS. Been playing Promod lately. :cool:

It's a LOT more tactic based than LoL.

I play neither but have watched both, from my view, which is neutral, LoL is for casual players, Dota is for the hardcore.

I've got spare keys if needed, my steam is on the left.

I play a lot of LoL, could NOT get into DotA no matter how much I tried, it just feels s**t :).

It's a LOT more tactic based than LoL.

I play neither but have watched both, from my view, which is neutral, LoL is for casual players, Dota is for the hardcore.

I would usually agree, but when LoL has $5m prizefund tournaments, it's kind of the other way around ;)

Evo 5 RS
I just don't think I have the patience to get into it. Especially since the community are so unsociable. If you're bad at it, they will tell you. And if they die, it's all your fault.

Whilst you could go and play natural selection 2, and people will more than happily give you tips and help out.

Whether or not its one of the biggest esports is irrelevant IMO. It's full of hermits.

Of course, I just meant not to class it as a "casual game" when there's ridiculous amounts of tournaments :p (being the second largest competitive game out there).

Well technically, pretty much all games have pro level tournaments, where players play to a top level, I play SSF4 myself so see tournaments in the games community of all kinds. For example in my eyes, Tekken is a casual fighting game and Street Fighter is higher level. But yet people play them both evenly overall.

The way I view Dota and LoL on a non pro level is basically;

All my friends who are casual gamers and don't have the time, patience, discipline, or determination to get into a game at a good level, never mind pro level, play LoL, and tbh, a lot of them suck. :rasp:

All my friends who take games a little bit more seriously, (like myself), tend to play Dota, I had one friend ranked top 500 in Europe for LoL, infact I think he was among the top players in the UK, but he switched to Dota and never looked back (and he's nowhere near that rank on Dota haha).

Therefore, in my neutral opinion of MOBA's. LoL is for casuals, Dota is for the hardcore.
Even just by looking at the mechanics, it becomes apparent.

F82 M4
What level are you at mate? Wait until you get a bit higher and start playing against to proper boys! :cool:

Add me on Steam if you fancy a game - wilky71157

:)

n2x

e60/f10
What level are you at mate? Wait until you get a bit higher and start playing against to proper boys! :cool:

Add me on Steam if you fancy a game - wilky71157

:)

Level 20, it shows on the top of the picture. The people i randomly play with are from lvl 20-60. I´ll add you:)

F82 M4
Ohh yeah, sorry mate I missed that :cool: - Well you're a much higher level than me! I play with my mate quite often though and he's a silly high level so I really struggle in those games. If I play on my own at a low level I tend to absolute rape the game and it's far too easy. Think I need to put a lot more time into it. :)

F82 M4
No worries mate, I think I have about 10-15 keys spare at the moment. Valve just keep on sending them me! If anyone wants one just give me a shout. :cool:

F82 M4
Still got a silly amount of keys folks. Just shout up if you want one, easily the most addictive game I've ever played. 370 hours played since February :eek:

n2x

e60/f10
Haha, i can´t stop either. Played 580 with my first account, then created a new one which has 250+ hours on it :eek: nolifer

F82 M4
Had a spare 30 mins at LAN whilst I was pissed so I whipped up a mini Dota movie using Windows Movie Maker LOL :cool:

WMM sucks big time. I need to get Sony Vegas!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I quite like DOTA2 - but still don't quite 'get it' in order to put more time into it. It simply feels like an attrition game to me - just like the original Supreme Commander did.

Obviously the thousands of players that continuously play it, prove me wrong. Maybe I haven't tried it for long enough yet?

D.

F82 M4
I quite like DOTA2 - but still don't quite 'get it' in order to put more time into it. It simply feels like an attrition game to me - just like the original Supreme Commander did.

Obviously the thousands of players that continuously play it, prove me wrong. Maybe I haven't tried it for long enough yet?

D.

You really need to stick to it mate. I had the help of a few mates who taught me how to play. I'm happy to show you a few games D?

Honestly, it took me around 40 hours to get the basics, a further 50 hours to learn all the heroes and another 50 odd hours to learn all the items. Then it's probably taken me around 600 hours in total to get good at it. I'm currently on around 1200 hours across 2 accounts since March. :eek:

Main account scores - http://dotabuff.com/players/7239264/matches

Second account scores - http://dotabuff.com/players/128975863/matches

:cool:

F82 M4
Well I keep saying it, and don't mean to derail the thread - but try LoL if you can't get into DotA and see how you feel, it's certainly much easier to start into.

I've had a few games of LoL with my friend and must admit I did have fun. I do personally prefer Dota though, guess it's all personal preference etc. The main thing that annoys me with LoL is that you have to pay for certain heroes/champions etc. I understand they do a free selection but with Dota everything is unlocked straight from the go.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You really need to stick to it mate. I had the help of a few mates who taught me how to play. I'm happy to show you a few games D?

Honestly, it took me around 40 hours to get the basics, a further 50 hours to learn all the heroes and another 50 odd hours to learn all the items. Then it's probably taken me around 600 hours in total to get good at it. I'm currently on around 1200 hours across 2 accounts since March. :eek:

Main account scores - http://dotabuff.com/players/7239264/matches

Second account scores - http://dotabuff.com/players/128975863/matches

:cool:

Jesus! I don't think I'd have that level of commitment for any game, to be honest! For one, my gf would walk out, I reckon!

D.