ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Downloaded Content Setup? Expert Help Please.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm not sure exactly how I'll achieve this, but I want to do the following:

Download content on my MBP
Wirelessly sync this content to an external drive (1TB/2TB should do it).
View this content on my TV (apple TV here?)

Currently I download on my MBP, plug into my TV and play it, but this is becoming tiresome, I'd like a nice solution.

What do I want?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Got an xbox/ps3? That'll stream off a networked HDD.

You could use a JB apple TV instead, I dont like it personally but lots of others do.

Also, check out my thread on NAS drives, quite a few links to network storage in there. Still not bought mine, going to wait for prices to drop after xmas.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Plex, Plex Client on ATV.

DONE. (But you need to leave your mac on)

OR

XBMC On ATV, mapped to NAS

DONE.

Theres no way to do this without jailbreaking ( until someone releases a NAS with iTunes Home Sharing support)

BG 182
I currently run xbmc on my atv and MacBook pro but cannot get it to stream from mb to atv. Do you have any good guides for the above mentioned? I have read a couple but keep getting an error occur.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you are streaming from the mac and happy with that then i'd use Plex instead.

Nicer interface.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I currently run xbmc on my atv and MacBook pro but cannot get it to stream from mb to atv. Do you have any good guides for the above mentioned? I have read a couple but keep getting an error occur.

Use ps3 media centre (google it) on the MBP and XBMC picks it up everytime on the ATV