ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

downloading speeds

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why do people always say invest, stop be so tight get bb when 56k actually costs more.

i have got boradband, why is it taking so long?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?is there anything i can do to hurry it up, its on bitcomet

VaVa
Newzbins ;)

download.gif

Only trouble with having a fast bb connection is that you soon fill up your hard drive!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
do you even know how bittorrent works? It probably cos loads of people are downloading it of one connection.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well you downloading it off other peoples pc's, so if there is say 10 people downloading it from one pc it will only be a 10th of there connection speed. so if they only have a upload speed of say 100kb/sec a tenth of that is 10kb/sec

VaVa
Seriously, Griffs tutorial is first class. I still don't fully understand all tis newsgroup business but it's easy to set up and start using. Costs £2 a week and you get unlimited downloads. And it always max's my connection out!!

TBH I've never really fully understood how Griff deals with PARs (according to his thread) but I've been a news monster for more than 2 years so I guess I'm doing fine on my own LoL.

lol, my bad people, havesorted it all out but did a test run and the port im using is no goot, whats the best on to go through, 51978 is the current one im going through

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
You're trying to down load Vista, aren't you?

I've got 256 kb/s broadband. 54 hours. Had to forget it.