ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Downpipe/cat flange?

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
Hi All

From a previous thread that I posted, I believe that the connection between the downpipe and cat is the cause of a screeching noise which is noticable on hard acceleration on the 182 clio. On my 182cup it occurs around 5000rpm upwards when accererating hard and then dissapears if I ease of the accelerator. I also believe that this is a common problem.

However, I would be interested to find out if this problem is fixable as it is driving me insane!!

Any help/ideas peeps???
Bandit:(

yes its fixable!!

undo the 2 bolts holding the centre section to cat, clean it up with some sandpaper, then use some exhaust paste, something like holts fire paste, put it on one of the flanges, be very generous with it. then put it back together and do the bolts up tight. then leave the car idleing for 5-10 mins to bake the paste, and then it'll be minter than alan minter eating a trebor extra strong!