ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dragon Age Inquisition - all platforms

Nissan 350z
I haven't seen a topic for this yet and its due out later this month so i figured why not.

Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg

Due out on November 21st for us it will be coming out on all consoles and PC.

Inquisition builds on the first 2 Dragon Age games so the choices you made in them will have an influence on this new one. If you havent played the previous games or want a recap of some of the highlights its worth checking out The Keep

And lastly for anyone interested, some early gameplay footage:

Mito Sportiva 135
I can't wait for this, Dragon Age: Origins was so good. I played that to death. Dragon Age 2 was an experience I'd rather forget though - although I see what they were trying to do

The whole keep thing and the larger meta game looks pretty different - hopefully a new game mechanic, like the nemesis system in the recent Mordor game, which takes gaming a step forward

Nissan 350z
Yeah tell me about it, I've got it on pre-order for the Xbone via Amazon.

I never bothered with DA2 so I've had to use The Keep to create a save-game file that has the consiquences from DA2 in it ready to import into DA:I. Have you given The Keep a go yet? Pretty nifty way of importing your save files for a refresher of what happened. Its tempting to change all your options to keep as many people alive as possible to see who turns up in the new game ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
No I've not - and I didn't finish DA2 as it was so rubbish
I can't check at work, what is The Keep exactly?

Nissan 350z
No I've not - and I didn't finish DA2 as it was so rubbish
I can't check at work, what is The Keep exactly?

You can use it on any device, phones included. Its a website that allows you to build up a save file (ready to import to DA:I) from the 1st 2 games without completing them just by selecting options and picking which outcome you wanted from the key events of them.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh cool. I've completed DA: Origins, will it let me import my file from that but make up what happened in DA2 do you know buddy?

Nissan 350z
Yup thats pretty much the jist of it. Even lets you pick what happened in DLC packs without you having to have played them.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh wow I hadn't realised it was out soon. Definitely getting this at Christmas - perfect game to be playing over the holiday period (Dragons are a typical Christmas tradition...)

banther

ClioSport Club Member
8.8 on IGN quoting a weak story? What?! All over reviews say its really good story wise.

Only reason I won't buy this is that there are far too many good games coming out. This can wait.

Nissan 350z
This is getting reviewed early? We've still got the best part of 2 weeks to wait. At least its better to have reviews go up before launch than when developers try to hide how bad their games are by stopping them from being published until launch day.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah - when publishers sesne the game isn't quite there I think they put embargos on reviews. For some games like Destiny it makes sense though, given the game doesn't really make sense if you just play alone

Never played or even heard of this franchise. What am I missing? I was a big fan of Skyrim so am I right in thinking I will enjoy this also? Shall I jump straight into Inquisition or is it best starting earlier on?

Mito Sportiva 135
Playing Dragon Age: Origins might be worth it - only because it was a great game. Like the Elder Scrolls series, this will be set in the same world but not directly related so not essential

I would say the Bioware games are very different to Elder Scrolls in that they are usually more streamlined and the pacing and stories are usually better. Skyrim is amazing but fades away/gets easier - plus the story is weak (I often forgot what the main plot is)

Having said that, if you like Skyrim you should love this game

Just had a look - Origins isn't available on XBO so will just jump into Inquisition. Got Halo and now this to look forward to!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah mate you will be fine just diving in I think. Every review I have read so far has been glowing, although mention a host of bugs and glitches - hopefully a patch gets a lot of these sorted though

Well I have pre-ordered Halo MCC already so will have that to keep me occupied for the next month or two, will maybe chuck it on the christmas list and by then hopefully any bugs will be ironed out! Am looking forward to playing another RPG though!

Mito Sportiva 135
Same. Always nice to contrast FPS with RPGs. You obviously have good choice as these are both the games I'm getting

Mito Sportiva 135
Mass Effect is quite a stripped back/linear RPG, but a great RPG none the less!
I really like the feel and design of all the Bioware games so think most would enjoy it - although this is a bit more expansive than Mass Effect all the extra things to do are slowly introduced and likely to have a slick interface, so don't think it would be overwhelming

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Ok great. I missed out Skyrim for some reason so would like to try and get into something 'epic'.
Apparently easily 90/100 hours gameplay. Amazing really. Its quite astounding how many games come out now with 20/30 hour campaigns and even less for those focused on multiplayer. I also quote like the sound of a decent story. Not many new gen games have much of that.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yep - good story, good customisation, a co-op mode and even a meta strategy game (which I think is a first for a RPG)

Kawasaki ER6N
Never played this franchise before however have digitally pre ordered this as it was a good deal. Liked skyrim but didn't have the time however have more time to play this and it looks very good from what I have seen.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
M3, EA early access.... CS new baller of choice?

Think that's always been the case, Sir. You forget I also have an R26, too.
EA Access was a non-brainer though. I had Need For Speed still sealed in the box and BF4 which I then sold as they were both free to download in The Vault via EA Access. So for that £20 I'd already made £15.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Think that's always been the case, Sir. You forget I also have an R26, too.
EA Access was a non-brainer though. I had Need For Speed still sealed in the box and BF4 which I then sold as they were both free to download in The Vault via EA Access. So for that £20 I'd already made £15.
Careful - you'll get a spiteful post from DK rocking in those circles.

Yeah I had laready bought BF & have no interest in NFS so didnt look so good at the time for me. Good bargains to be had if you could justify it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Careful - you'll get a spiteful post from DK rocking in those circles.

Yeah I had laready bought BF & have no interest in NFS so didnt look so good at the time for me. Good bargains to be had if you could justify it.

LOL, true. I'm far from baller, sadly. But I'd rather it that way. Up to my eyeballs TBH.

Even cancelled my pre-order for Far Cry 4, although I am still getting GTA V :D

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Howd you find it?
It's really good. Enjoying f**king people up. Really feels at times like you're leading a large army (with all the whinging that goes with it)
Although I just tripped over the cat trying to get up, wrenching the gamepad out of the USB port.. which has promptly just fucked up. Dead gamepad, and utterly fucked USB port.

Last edited:
To buy or not to buy?! I have a weekend off so am tempted to chuck a few hours at this...

Gf had already bought it for me and got very cagey when I mentioned going to buy it! So now it's installing! As a first timer, what class etc would you recommend?

Nissan 350z
They have really pulled out all the stops with this and im getting the same Skyrim vibes again which is great! It took me about 11hours just to finish the first area (Hinterlands) and there's still some bits that are too hard for me to do at the moment! If the other zones are this well made this game is going to be seriously huge!

I went Mage but Im regreting it as you get 3 other Mage companions to pick during the game where as theres not many melee available. Oh and play it on Hard difficulty!