ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dreaded MOT

Failed mot the otherday and was looking 4 help;

1.)the emissions were through the roof and i am going to put the cat back on, but is there any way of gettin lower emissions for the test?

2.)also i was told the os brake was binding and the pull to ns was in excess of 25%, can some1 pls translate that for me, and tell me if they know what it is?

Thanx :oops:

emmisions could be reduced by a few things, such as have you got an induction kit, have you had a service recently - this will also reduce them, obviously though the cat is the thing to put back on

Mine passed with a de-cat on. You say the emissions were through the roof, do you know the specific figures. If they are very high I doubt putting the cat back on will reduce it enough as it could be a number of things. Knacker oxygen sensor like someone said being one possibility.

Also, with the brakes, if it is the caliper that is knackered itd be a better idea to replace both calipers.