ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Pro buying Xmas 2018

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Ok so my goPro LCD+ that I got a couple of boxing days ago has snapped at the base and it's a built in camera/case so it's just gonna be used for spare/rear facing or whatever.

Took it out today and the sound is a bit crap unless it's in the car, so decided I would like a new GoPro for Christmas. But I'm so friggin confused with all the versions!!

You can pick up a new GP7 Silver for £220 at the mo which sounds fair enough for a new unit. However you can't remove the battery on these as well as other stuff. GoPro seems very 'closed loop' like the apple (dirty word) phones.

I would like to keep with go pro though as the quality is just so good.

so my question is, what's the best go pro deal? is there a particular version that's considered 'the best' and I should get used off ebay or something?

The old ones you could remove batteries etc, but some of the old ones were a bit crap as there was no screen to preview/setup.

I'd have to insist on one with a screen.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Yeah seen that, same price at a fee places. The hero5 looks good tho. Had the little display at the front too which the 7 doesn't

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I’ve recently done a load of research on Gopro’s and have just purchased a GoPro hero 5 black. It seems although the new 7 is slightly better in the stabilisation area, all the reviews I have read say there are a lot of problems with freezing and battery problems. Amazon is the cheapest at the mo. All the reviews I’ve read say the 5 is a better camera than the 6 hence why I have chosen a 5 over the 6 8D28616F-90BF-4C60-BB20-87B84CF0331E.jpeg