ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go Pro buying Xmas 2018

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ok so my goPro LCD+ that I got a couple of boxing days ago has snapped at the base and it's a built in camera/case so it's just gonna be used for spare/rear facing or whatever.

Took it out today and the sound is a bit crap unless it's in the car, so decided I would like a new GoPro for Christmas. But I'm so friggin confused with all the versions!!

You can pick up a new GP7 Silver for £220 at the mo which sounds fair enough for a new unit. However you can't remove the battery on these as well as other stuff. GoPro seems very 'closed loop' like the apple (dirty word) phones.

I would like to keep with go pro though as the quality is just so good.

so my question is, what's the best go pro deal? is there a particular version that's considered 'the best' and I should get used off ebay or something?

The old ones you could remove batteries etc, but some of the old ones were a bit crap as there was no screen to preview/setup.

I'd have to insist on one with a screen.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah seen that, same price at a fee places. The hero5 looks good tho. Had the little display at the front too which the 7 doesn't

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I’ve recently done a load of research on Gopro’s and have just purchased a GoPro hero 5 black. It seems although the new 7 is slightly better in the stabilisation area, all the reviews I have read say there are a lot of problems with freezing and battery problems. Amazon is the cheapest at the mo. All the reviews I’ve read say the 5 is a better camera than the 6 hence why I have chosen a 5 over the 6 8D28616F-90BF-4C60-BB20-87B84CF0331E.jpeg