ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drilled holes in air filter trick

Has anyone ever done this?

Ive been told that drilling some holes in the stock air filter will give the "throaty roar" you get from the likes of the K&N Filter (Maybe not as much but some of it). Is it possible to do on a Stock filter on a 1.4 Clio on a K? If so, how do I go about it, where abouts should I drill and how many holes-ish?

I know I could just get a K&N Induction kit but theyre £60 ish and would only get it for the sound coz I aint really a boy racer after extra power etc.

Cheers.

[Edited by Vandal on 28 July 2005 at 7:39pm]

Surely a boy racer goes for sound over power?

Drill the holes where warm air won get in, if I was you Id buy another air box from a scrappy, also think about cold air feeds..

500bhp Scoob

oh dear...

the air filter is ontop of the engine on the 1.4 so drilling it anywhere will cause it to suck in warm air, and youll lose power.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

if your not arsed about power and want an induction roar lol..........take the airbox off and put tights over the hole :p

Its a bit silly to drill holes in something that feeds air straight into your engine... all kinds of sh*t could get in there. Well, depending what filter it uses.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

think he meant the airbox, rather than the filter itself.

just buy an induction kit so we dont have to laugh...;)

i agree with the man who said about a boy racer prefering noise to power...

Punto/Clio GTT

if you want a nice throaty roar, leave the induction kit alone, just take off the midsection and backbox. that should do nicely

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 28 July 2005
i once got to see some one who painted his brake disks and pads lol

I remember that thread, it was all over the net!