ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive Shaft - Gearbox Clutch Etc

Clio 172 PH2 (Y Reg)
Hi

First and foremost, I was under the car (172 PH2) yesterday and I think my off side shaft has lost its gunk as it was all over the place, am I right in thinking the off side shaft can be replaced without dropping the gearbox oil?

I had them both reconditioned last march so still within warranty so isn’t so bad.

Also, my box crunches in 3rd gear and it does my tits in, I’ve been quoted for a full reconditioned box new clutch and all my belts changing for £875, (in the process of asking for this not to be inclusive of VAT).

Does this sound about right?

The belts need doing anyway so I might as well kill 2 birds so to speak.......

Let me know what you think, O and the place that is doing it is, anyone used them before?.....
http://www.cleckheaton-gearbox-centre.co.uk/gearboxes.html

M

mini-valver

You are right about the O/S shaft yeah.

As above for belts really. Box recon is something I'd look into a bit more and goi to someone reputable. Seen no end just painted up and sold as a re con unit.

Clio 172 PH2 (Y Reg)
Cool thought so just wanted to check.

This place seems good to be honest, he is gonna give me 24k miles or 2 year warranty on the box and the clutch, which is always a bonus as the 172 tends to take more abuse that fritzels kids!