ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive shaft

When I lock my steering wheel at slow speed during parking, the steering wheel clonks/ vibrates. Can anyone diagnose my prob? Is the drive shaft valeo the rubber seal thingy? Cos I just had that replaced.

valeo is a parts manufacturer.

If you replaced the CV then the driveshaft might be dead now yea.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if the gaitor was replaced when the original gaitor split/leaked the cv joint was probably damaged due to lack of grease. cv joint not avaliable separatly so you would need a complete driveshaft.

So just how do you go about changing a driveshaft guys? I havent got a clue and need to do mine asap as my car clunks as its out of gear or not under acceleration - not nice and ive had all the mounts checked etc!!

With the car on the ground, take the centre cap off, use a breaker bar to loosen the hub nut. Jack the car up, wheel off, undo the rod end nut (a jack putting pressure on the underside of the rod end will usually stop the tapered bar spinning), undo the bottomball joint pinch bolt, undo the 2 hub to strut nuts on the shocker. Take the hub off, undo the 3 nuts on the inner gaitor seal (near side only) and the DS will slide out.

For the offside, you need to punch out the roll pin inside the sunwheel assembly, then itll slide out.

Note that the splines are threadlocked in so they can be tight, just use a soft mallet and a socket etc on teh end of the DS.

You dont have to take the rod ends off either, and you can swing the hub to the side, but support it.....its just easier ^ that way.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

everybody has there own method but i undo the track rod end,the brake caliper and the strut nuts/bolts. i then pull the hub forward and pull the driveshaft out of the hub(30m nut already undone whilst vehicle was still on the ground). o/s shaft sits on a splined shaft and has a pin through it and the n/s shaft is bolted to the box by a three 13m bolts on a metal ring around the outside of the inner driveshaft gaitor. Be careful when pulling out the n/s shaft as you can knock the roller assembly off the end and all the little roller bearings fall inside the gearbox.