ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive Shaft, Needed for FF182

rstuned 182ff bg
Hello Chaps, can anyone point me in the right direction to finding a passenger side drive shaft for my BG, I'm replacing both sides, I've managed to buy one side from K-Tec, And only want to go down the route of staying with genuine parts. Just seem to be having no luck finding the side that i really need, Even thinking of using one off a breaker if i really have to,

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Hello Chaps, can anyone point me in the right direction to finding a passenger side drive shaft for my BG, I'm replacing both sides, I've managed to buy one side from K-Tec, And only want to go down the route of staying with genuine parts. Just seem to be having no luck finding the side that i really need, Even thinking of using one off a breaker if i really have to,
You won't get a brand new genuine one but Shaftec supply refurbished genuine ones. I'd highly recommend one of those.

More money than the J&R but they're essentially a refurbished genuine part. You want R396R (OSF - Drivers) replaces 8200352042 and R396L (NSF - Passenger) replaces 8200372167.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You won't get a brand new genuine one but Shaftec supply refurbished genuine ones. I'd highly recommend one of those.

More money than the J&R but they're essentially a refurbished genuine part. You want R396R (OSF - Drivers) replaces 8200352042 and R396L (NSF - Passenger) replaces 8200372167.

I replaced my old j&R one with a shafted one and it was a better quality driveshaft, having them side by side.

2023-02-28_06-05-15.jpg
2023-02-28_06-05-08.jpg

rstuned 182ff bg
Nice One Lad, I spotted you were still on here, long time no speak pal, I'm gonna give Shaftec a bell tomorrow & get one ordered . Thanks for nod pal.

rstuned 182ff bg
Sorry for the delayed reply. I never see the quote till now.

It lasted 2 years to be fair, but I think it's a bit of Russian roulette with them.
Me again ere chaps , the garage that's on with my BG, have just phoned saying they've tried get my old driveshaft out of my hub, on the passenger side but it's seized solid, they,ve had it in a press with heat on it, saying it's gonna snap so they rang saying to try and find another, are the none cup packs and the cup packs the same hub size , is it the none cups are 54mm and cup packs are 60mm ? cheers Mark.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Me again ere chaps , the garage that's on with my BG, have just phoned saying they've tried get my old driveshaft out of my hub, on the passenger side but it's seized solid, they,ve had it in a press with heat on it, saying it's gonna snap so they rang saying to try and find another, are the none cup packs and the cup packs the same hub size , is it the none cups are 54mm and cup packs are 60mm ? cheers Mark.
Correct on the spacing for the different hubs.

They also use different size wheels bearings, so watch out for that.

rstuned 182ff bg
Had to settle for a j&r OSF driveshaft..Also got a NFS from shaftec., After getting a bit pissed off waiting for the nsf d/s, that i ordered back in Feb, From Ktec. Well that also landed the other day, So now iv'e got driveshafts coming out mi arse, Not to worry thou, I'm gonna keep the ktec shaft that has come from france. Only problem now is trying to locate a nsf hub, because the garage can't get my shaft out of the hub, So i tried to find one on ere, also tried the facebook 172/182 owners , Some cnut said he had one, so sent payment , to get a snide tracking number, and not answering his phone. That's the only thing holding my BG up now , after a new clutch & clutch release bearing & cable, alternator, new gear selector seal, clutch linkage on pedle after that pinged off...Thankfully the garage are only doing bits on my car if & when i drop parts off, The BG is just sat off in a corner in the garage. So if you lads hear of a nsf hub for sale , or know anyone , It would be a huge help, But other than that i'll keep digging, cheers guys.