ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive shaft?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Got a bit of an issue with my 197 and wanted some advice...

I'm getting a vibration through the car under acceleration, from around 45-70mph. It seems worse if you're in a higher gear when the engine is labouring more. If you sit at a steady speed in that range, it's not nearly so severe, but you can still feel it a small amount.

There is no vibration through the steering wheel, so I don't think it's a front wheel out of balance/bent and the fact the vibration is much more severe under acceleration makes me doubt that it's a rear wheel. That and it feels more like the front than the rear.

I've given the shafts a wobble and there is no obvious play. I tried driving in circles on full lock and there was no clicking or anything. I can't think what else it would be though, so I thought I would see if anyone else had any similar experiences?

The car is a boggo 197 on about 95k for reference.

If it is a shaft, where is the best place to get one? ECP and RPD don't seem to list them?