ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driver height!?!

RB182cup&golf gti
mate of mine is considering a trophy but is concerned as he's 6"2 that the car will be too small - i'm only 5"9 (shortass) - any lanky dudes on here with clio's? how do you find em?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
im 6'4" its not a sport so i guess the seats are even higher, i can get in and out ok, the only thing that annoys me is the mirror, i cant see much out of it due to the curved glass at the top and my CS sticker. should be ok as long as he doesnt roll it.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Im just over 6ft and fine in the Recaros. :) Bigger problem is pedals if he has big feet or wears boots alot.

106 GTi
6' 4" and have no problems in a 182 with the standard seats, sat in the recaros at Goodwood and felt fine (fell in love and want some myself but thats another story!)

I'm 6 4 and its not the best place. I ddrove a trophy once on track ie it had the recars and it was way to high but then again I never looked for an adjuster for height when I sat in.

6'5" and never really got used to the high position in my std 182 - Trophy's Recaros were better, but still could do with being another inch or so lower. Think next time I would just get some aftermarket ones fitted...

Matt

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Does this club hold the record for the number of people over 6ft?lol:D I'm 6'3" and fit in fine although sometimes my large feet get in the way of the pedals.
I thought national avg was 5'11 for men??? You big b******s!!! lol
John

BMW 328 Ci
Im 6"4/5 and in my old 1.2, it was fine to drive but it wernt exactly comfortable. Ive sat in my mates new shape one (he is also the same size as me) its the same, you will drive it fine and feel fine, but it isnt really that comfortable. I have a shiny bit on my work trousers now from where the steering wheel rubbed my leg.
Now I got my BMW I can move the seat right down, tilt it, and move the steering wheel up, meaning my legs no longer rub the steering wheel, it makes a big difference.

At 6"2 I think he should be fine, he probably could be more confortable in a big car, but its not like he would struggle with a 182 if thats what he really wants.

Monaco 172 2/468
I'm 6ft, have the seat as low and far back as it can go to drive comfortably, and I have loooads of room. However if I sit in the passenger sear I feel like i'm in a Discovery lol

BMW Z4 3.0i
I'm 6"3. There's plenty of head room but seomtimes I have to look around the rear view mirror. The steering wheel feels too far away so I have to have the seat closer than I'd like meaning my legs a a bit cramped under the steering wheel. Oh how reach adjustment would have been so nice :( (and my arms are in proportion with my body btw!)

I'm "only" 6ft and to be honest the only problem I've had is the pedals, my feet are size 13 and there is simply no room. If you rest your left foot on the rest thing its very easy to get it stuck when trying to lift it back up to press the clutch, I've managed to figure out a way of resting it to the side a bit without putting any pressure on the clutch though, not ideal but it works.

I've never been really comfy in my Cup, seats could do with being much lower and I've never found a good position for the steering wheel, but its not too bad, I rarely care as I'm usually grinning like a loon driving it!