ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driver side wheel prob

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
Have just noticed that there is alot of grease at the back of my brake disk and it has now started to squeak, just wondering if somthin has split.
any ideas
anyone have a diagram of what parts are around the wheel

cheers

Lots of Alfas
Your CV gaitor might have come loose or have a split in it causing grease to seep out when at speed. Check the inside of the wheels for grease aswel. Its a common thing on the Clios to go after a while.

Lots of Alfas
It tells you in the Haynes manual, depends how mechanically minded you are, check the gaitors for any cracks or holes or if they have come loose, see if the metal straps holding them on are secure. If its started to squeak the oil/grease inside the gaitors could have already come out (how long has it been doing it?) it may have already done damage to your driveshaft joint if it has been running dry.

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
will have 2 go buy the manual.
I noticed it on sunday, but it started 2 make a noise 2day.
was goin 2 take the wheel of at work 2morro and have a good look. with out the manual is there another guide i cud find on the net

Lots of Alfas
If you have been driving around with it leaking grease it will eventually do damage. When mine went there was so much grease it turned my alloy wheel brown so was very noticable, i found a crack in the gaitor and managed to seal it with superglue until i got round to getting a new gaitor. I changed one on my car and Im no mechanic but it was almost 2 years ago and cant really remember how i did it, I could post the guide thats in the manual soon when I get home to have a look.

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
thanks for all the info u have given, if u could post a how 2 guide then that would make my life much easier 2morro. thanks again. will let u know how i go.
cheers paul:star:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Most likely will be the metal clip on the CV boot. Old school but if the cv joint is ok (no knocking/rumbling) pack the gator up with grease & tie some strong wire around it.

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
thanks again for the pm, when i took the wheel off it was just the large clip on the gator that had gone. I checked for splits and repacked it with grease. fixed with new clip and seems 2 be running fine now. just got 2 clean all the old grease off the wheel and arch.
Many thanks
paul

Monaco Blue Mk2
davebem said:
If you have been driving around with it leaking grease it will eventually do damage. When mine went there was so much grease it turned my alloy wheel brown so was very noticable, i found a crack in the gaitor and managed to seal it with superglue until i got round to getting a new gaitor. I changed one on my car and Im no mechanic but it was almost 2 years ago and cant really remember how i did it, I could post the guide thats in the manual soon when I get home to have a look.

Dave or petroladdict, if you could send me that guide aswel I'd be very grateful. Mine was seeping a bit of grease when it went in for the MOT a bit back but it passed and the mechanic said he'd done something to sort it. But I wouldn't mind having a look myself and having the guide to do anything if necessary.

Lots of Alfas
I will scan the pages in and send them to you on sunday when I get a chance, blue4ever have you got any pics of your car yet, you get colourcoding and Turninis?