ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers Carpet Wet.

Clio 1.4 16V
I have a mkII clio and have Had a problem recently that the drivers side footwell is absolutely soaked.

I don't really have clue what to do or how to fix it. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Matt

Clio 1.4 16V
Sunroof is bone dry. That's one of the first places I checked, tried doing that yesterday and just can't work out where the water is coming from.

All the door seals are fine and intact.

I read that it could be the air con drain, but I don't have air con.

Clio 182
It's going to be limited places, doors, windscreen, sunroof etc.

My money is on sunroof.
It's very common.

Is the car parked on a slight angle etc
Does it only leak when your parked in certain places?

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I had a similar issue, turned out to be my screen leaking in the top corner where the sheet metal/panels join. Is your headlining wet? if so then your leak is more than likely coming in from the top somewhere

Edit: with reference to the above, mine did it more parked on a hill - nose down, as the water would be almost aimed at where it was leaking

Clio 1.4 16V
I haven't actually seen it leak, just got in the far and noticed that middle of the drivers side floor was wet, but nowhere else at all.

I only park it at home and at work and both are flat surfaces.

Imy guessing my only option is to wet the car until I see it leaking ?

turbo 182
Sure it's not from your shoes, it's winter after all and you'd be suprised how wet the carpet will get

turbo 182
Yeah there dry ontop because water evaporates quicker and easier from a rubber mat than from carpet, take the Mat and the foam out and dry the footwell up and keep and eye out for any water etc

Clio 1.4 16V
Found the problem, pulled the carpet and foam up and I found a small hole just beside a weld in the floor, it looks like the hole is drilled though so not sure why it's there ?

Anyways I guess water was geating in through there. Can I just use filler to repair it ?

Any quick ways to dry the foam cos it's taking ages ?!

Clio 1.4 16V
Right so to it looks like that didn't fix it, lifted my floor mat and the carpet is wet.

I've had the sunroof out and that's draining properly, checked my bulkhead drain and the ones on either sides and these are both draining properly.

Is there anywhere else that I can check ?

Clio 1.4 16V
Done that, there was a little bit of crap in the top of both but nothing to stop them draining, I still cleaned them then shot some air through them to make sure they were clear.

I have the same problem on my car, I don't have a sunroof or aircon...

Could be a leak from around the windscreen or under the scuttle panel? I haven't had the chance to look at mine yet.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
have this problem with mine also. I already checked the drains under the scuttle panel, also removed the wheel arch and cleaned all the gunk. Anywhere else I should check?