ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers door noise

Clio 172 Flamer
Wondered if anybody knew anything about a common problem in the clio's where you close the drivers door and it gets to a point and makes the same crack/creak noise everytime.

Tried doing it slowly and I know the point it does it, the silver bar where the hinge mechanism works seems to be the issue.

Tried WD40 to see if that helps but it is not a squeak so didn't have any effect.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Clio 172 Flamer
So it doesn't sound like a golf??? Probably cos it's French.. As above check or change.

Not aiming to make it sound like a golf... wondered if it was a common thing and easy to fix, not overly bothered.

If i wanted it to sound like a golf, I would have kept mine.

CLIO 1.5 DCI I-MUSIC
My parents mk3 Megane Coupe has this trouble at the moment, car is going for a service with Renault on Wednesday and we've been quoted around£55 for the check door strap!