ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers door not locking

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Hello. got a problem with my 2004 182.
I get out the car and lock the doors. The lights flash twice to say its locked and the interior light goes off. The passenger door its locked and so is the boot. But the drivers door opens and the alarm goes off.
Any ideas?

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
on further inspection, when locking the doors with the romote, i cant hear the drivers door lock mechanism working. anyone had to replace the lock solinoid before? prices? renault only part i suppose.

If you can hear the solenoid trying to work, I would sit in the car and 'Help' the lock go up and down while using the key fob to open and close the lock.
It might just be a little bit jammed.

RenaultSport clio 182
Mine was a case of the plug not being completley attached to the lock so not enough power making it to the solenoid.

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
ive a similiar problem, kinda. Id lock my car, go away, when i return it has opened itself. any ideas?

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
ok, taken the door card off and removed the lock. tested the lock on the bench with a battery pack, connecting live and earth to the 2 terninals and it locks/unlocks fine.
im getting 2 earths to the connector on the loom which connects to the lock and when pressing the romote, 1 wire sends a live down to the lock.
So in theroy it works.
reconnect everything, and still nothing.
Im stumped

mine does this all the time, there is a classic picture of me with my spanners and socket set out at a service station on the way to fcs!!

to the point, it is the solenoid that is the issue. best bet, if it does it occasionally (can be tested by locking and unlocking door with key then using fob) get some WD40 in there and loosen it up.

if not, new solenoid is the way forwards, dont think they are too expensive from a scrappy's, best contacting joshydee on here (cliospares dude)

jamie