ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers side window problem

Clio MK3
This evening upon opening my drivers side window it won't go fully down or up when I hold the switch. It's moves by about 5cm then stops. I have to keep clicking it to move it. I have turn the engine on and off and the problem still exists. It is only the drivers side window, the passenger side works fine.

can anyone shed some light as to why it is doing this?

thanks - Connor

A shiny black one.
Stab in the dark here, hold the switch in the up position for about 10 seconds with the window closed. It's what needs to be done when this happens on the Megane.

Clio MK3
Stab in the dark here, hold the switch in the up position for about 10 seconds with the window closed. It's what needs to be done when this happens on the Megane.

Thank you for the reply, I will have a try tomorrow and get back if it has worked or not (fingers crossed!) :)

A shiny black one.
Good stuff. Out of interest did you disconnect the battery or the window motors before this issue started?This is usually a result of either of those actions. Just curious as to what was the cause?

Clio MK3
Good stuff. Out of interest did you disconnect the battery or the window motors before this issue started?This is usually a result of either of those actions. Just curious as to what was the cause?

Nope neither of these happened. I undone the window fine and left it down for about 20 mins of driving, got to my destination and started putting the window up and it just went up in small amounts. Very Strange but glad it is fixed now, glad it was not the motor or something expensive to fix!