ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft issues.

FF Titanium 182
Im pretty sure its my driveshaft as i get a clicking whilst turning to the right, has got noticably louder the longer ive left it aswell. Anyone know which driveshaft it would be? Clicking only happens turning to the right and the car is moving.

When mine went it was clicking Only on turning right. I had few mechanics check it out and none would commit to what shaft or even if it was the driveshaft . I took a gamble and bought drivers side and it solved my clicking . Passenger side would involve gearbox oil

The shaft is not much more than £100. Thing with the cv boots is they can be filled back up but once broken and crap gets into them it's only natter time before they play up again . Filling the cv boot and sealing it again isn't a long term fix . Renault tried thst In the early days and cars kept coming back so they replaced whole shafts

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Ive had both shafts swopped in the past couple of months, shafts were cheaper getting them on exchange basis. Circa £120 iirc (thats Renault shafts)

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
By the time you have messed about repacking the joint (to no guarantee that its going to work) its easier and cheaper in the long run.
I also found when i changed mine that if i just did the joints/boots, the ABS ring was knackered so that would of needed replacing too
As said, use Renault shafts.

I work at a rally school and changing a cv joint takes about 10 minutes and it will last as long as a brand new shaft (tried and tested) packing it isn't rocket science either.. Seems people are to eager to change shafts on these cars! All it is a bar with a clip and a few splines on.. Not much can go wrong with it!

I work at a rally school and changing a cv joint takes about 10 minutes and it will last as long as a brand new shaft (tried and tested) packing it isn't rocket science either.. Seems people are to eager to change shafts on these cars! All it is a bar with a clip and a few splines on.. Not much can go wrong with it!
Try getting a cv joint on it's own ;) Renault don't sell them, and all the pattern s**t either breaks really quickly or doesn't fit.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Not everyone on here will change it themselves though. When I sorted my drivers side, out of curiosity I got a quote from a garage to change the joint, and to fit a new shaft. Price difference was ~£35-40. Worth a new shaft if that's the case for others (imo)