ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft play

Clio 182 arctic
Hi guys

How much rotational play should be in the driveshaft. I can rotate mine a fair few degrees before it starts to 'engage' for want of a better word.

I'm getting a knock when setting off and letting off the gas at low speeds and that's the only thing down there I seem to get any movement out of.
Any ideas?

Clio 182 arctic
Strangely the whole shaft rotates not just the end. So the play seems to be the gearbox end I would suggest. Assume this is normal. Other than the knock when setting off and letting odd it seems to drive okay

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Like this?

A week later the gearbox s**t itself, planet gears chewed themselves to pieces.

Clio 182 arctic
Like this?
View attachment 1548539
A week later the gearbox s**t itself, planet gears chewed themselves to pieces.
Crickey. Not that bad.
Just maybe say 10-15 degrees or so but noticeable. It has been like that for years from what I recall just wondered if it was normal as it is still on the original shafts. 150k aswell.
Just trying to rule it out from causing the knocking I can now hear. MOT next weekend so hopefully he will find what it is

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
Crickey. Not that bad.
Just maybe say 10-15 degrees or so but noticeable. It has been like that for years from what I recall just wondered if it was normal as it is still on the original shafts. 150k aswell.
Just trying to rule it out from causing the knocking I can now hear. MOT next weekend so hopefully he will find what it is
Did you ever figure this out?