ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft query

My passenger side cv boot is gone (clicking away) but I have noticed that the cv boot on the drivers side has been off at some point (nice circular trail of cv joint grese everywhere lol)

So I was thinking about just replacing both driveshafts at the same, save having to possibly drain and refill the gearbox oil again in the future. What is your opinions on this?

Also what driveshaft maker would work well? Think ill stay away from the £55 ebay specials haha

Thanks for any help.

Black 182 FF
IIRC the driverside due to the way the inner is sealed means it's Renault only.

I'd just do the boots now and refill with grease using large hose clips, as the boots being hard rather than soft rubber means tie wraps tend to come off. Take care when putting the passenger side inner back in though, as the boot tends to get creased and not seal, meaning gear oil everywhere.

Is the driveshaft actually clicking on the passenger side from a lack of grease or is it just the boot?

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Why don't you just change the outer cv joint , you could do it without taking the shaft off , should be able to get joints for £20 or so , I just bought genuine GKN ones for £50 each

IIRC the driverside due to the way the inner is sealed means it's Renault only.

I'd just do the boots now and refill with grease using large hose clips, as the boots being hard rather than soft rubber means tie wraps tend to come off. Take care when putting the passenger side inner back in though, as the boot tends to get creased and not seal, meaning gear oil everywhere.

Is the driveshaft actually clicking on the passenger side from a lack of grease or is it just the boot?

Aye the pass side is gone and clicking away when on full lock. Quite a bit of play in it aswell. Which is why I was maybe just going to do both shafts to save draining and filling the gearbox twice, as the other cv boot has came off so I dont know how long it will last till it starts clicking away aswell.

Why don't you just change the outer cv joint , you could do it without taking the shaft off , should be able to get joints for £20 or so , I just bought genuine GKN ones for £50 each

Its just a fcukabout job, and something I really dont want to do again!

For driveshafts speak to Adam at Wolverhampton Renault. Good prices.

Ok cheers. Are they a trader on here?