ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft

So im driving along snd I can start hearing a clicking noise when I turn thr wheel right. Investigated and it looks as though the rubber joint has perished on the engine side. Is this a new driveshaft required or will a garage be able to replace the rubber and grease etc?

In one way a new shaft would give me better peace of mind for the future but I'd would be better if it just needs new rubber and grease.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Mine does it mate. Tis a knackered drive shaft. I need to get mine sorted

I've whacked it straight into the closest garage. Again something im not comfortable with doing but the shitty Clio always decides to break when im up at work!

I don't think the Clio likes me to be honest because when it breaks its always gay little oarts that I can't add performance with. Meaning im spending my modifying money on it just to keeo it running as standard.

Im debating on getting rid and getting another 106 gti or saxo vts in the future.

SQ5
If it's the gearbox side driveshaft clicking, get it sorted asap, you don't want that exploding in the gearbox and sending needles everywhere.

You also don't want the rubber perishing and splitting as your lose all your gearbox oil.

And only use genuine driveshafts!

Now you said that I did notice the gearbox didnt feel quite as smooth before it happened.

Thats another bit of experience for the future and one of my checkpoints I will be adding onto my "long journey checks"