ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DriveShafts

clio 172
Has anybody ever had a problem with their driveshafts

I have a vibration through all my pedals and i have spoken to a friend who is a mechanic and he reckons its possible my driveshafts have become un-balanced due to the amount of torque steer the car produces.

The vibration in the pedals is speed related..........the quicker you go the more you can feel it.

If anybody has ever heard of this in the past i would be greatful to hear from you ;)

E36 M3. 182
have you kerbed your wheels?? if so, get your tracking and alignment checked. if youve had new tyres recently, did you get your wheels balanced. driveshafts are solid bits of metal, not much can go wrong with them apart from cv joints????

clio 172
steviet said:
have you kerbed your wheels?? if so, get your tracking and alignment checked. if youve had new tyres recently, did you get your wheels balanced. driveshafts are solid bits of metal, not much can go wrong with them apart from cv joints????

I have been told the driveshafts maybe hollow....? it wouldnt have to move much to make the shaft un-balanced, especially on the longer one ...would it?

Had no tyres recently, it started only a month or so ago, and never kerbed my wheels.....its a difficult one really

E36 M3. 182
think your mate might be thinking a little too deep into it. if its a speed related vibe, get your tracking, alignment and balancing checked. eliminate the cheap and easy things before starting to rip driveshafts out.

Shafts are solid other manurfactuers are hollow ie VAG.

How bad is the vibration might be wheels arn't ballanced.

If you look on the drivers side one their a metal ring around it with rubber in it if these are worn it can cause vibration

clio 172
edde said:
Shafts are solid other manurfactuers are hollow ie VAG.

How bad is the vibration might be wheels arn't ballanced.

I can feel the vibration through all pedals, its only very slight but its there.....and i can feel the same sort of vibration when i put my hand on the gear lever....sometimes its worse than other times....when i can feel the vibrations , if i take it out of gear it stops vibrating, then when i rev the engine while rolling it vibrates while the revs come up then when they go down the vibrations stop, so i am not sure if its wheels, driveshafts, just trying to figure out what the hell it is.

At first i thought maybe it was engine mountings....any ideas???

www.renparts.co.uk
Im getting the exact same thing. Somtimes it does it and other times it doesn't. Ive got a CV boot gone (N/S) so im going to chage the shaft, if this doesn't cure it im going to change the other shaft (with the weight) as well.

clio 172
joshydee said:
Im getting the exact same thing. (with the weight) .

Your the first person to have the same problem as me, that i have spoken to

(with the weight)????? what is this?

How did you know you had a cv boot gone?

Is yours speed related, the quicker you go the more it does it??

I would appreciate if you keep me updated to solving the problem;)