ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshafts

Mazda Rx8
Hey

Got a terrible banging creaking at full lock and driveshaft both have some play in them. Where is cheapest to get genuine ones? Seem K-tec sell the offosde for the non cup 183 for £150 but can't see the nearside ones.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

RB 182 FF
The nearside may be out of stock... They supply these on an exchange basis and charge 45quid +vat extra per shaft and refund you if you send your shafts to them... I bought 2 cup ones and they've been great, I think it's the cheapest place but I've seen a few guys buying non genuine and having no issues with them... @imprezaworks can probs shed light on non genuines if you need them... 👍

Mazda Rx8
Okey dokey. Food for thought there. Anyone had any bad rxperie ces with J&R stuff? If not for a 3rd of the price it might be worth a pop!

Mazda Rx8
Noticed on there website they only stock one for each side. No mention of cup or non cup driveshaft. Anyone had any issues with this?

Mazda Rx8
So... Changed the offside driveshaft which was a bit of a ball ache as the bearing was stuck in the carrier. Nonetheless the noise is still present! It only happens on right hand down full lock or near enough a clonking and/or doinging sound. The car has new shocks and Cooksport springs, pokybushed steering rack and anti roll bar and ktec top mounts.

Could it be the nearside D/S or something else entirely? The noise comes from the drivers side suspension.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had really bad creaking, but it only happened in hot weather for some reason. Mine was the ball joints .

Clio sport 182
So... Changed the offside driveshaft which was a bit of a ball ache as the bearing was stuck in the carrier. Nonetheless the noise is still present! It only happens on right hand down full lock or near enough a clonking and/or doinging sound. The car has new shocks and Cooksport springs, pokybushed steering rack and anti roll bar and ktec top mounts.

Could it be the nearside D/S or something else entirely? The noise comes from the drivers side suspension.

Did you manage to cure the problem? I'm at my wit's end!!