ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving Test Help

Clio Sport - KR0*EVL
A friend of mine cannot seem to pass his driving test, he has tried 4 times and they have failed him on suprising things that they would not normally fail on.

does any1 have any ideas as to what would gain you the trust of the examinor so that he passes you with confidence???

Any tips for when your on the test and such?

Thanks

James :rasp:

BMW M135i & E46 M3
Yeah. Stop f**king up.

lol

but no on a serious note, i was just quite confident in my test, try not to show the examiner your nerves but obviously dont be so confident that you seem cocky.
other than that just try to drive without messin up

172 cup
I have a friend who is on his 8th test - he thinks the examiners have it in for him - I just keep telling him its cos he's a crap driver lol

Clio Sport - KR0*EVL
he's quite a good driver....he always seems to get 1 major.... which is fishy i think...he does all his observation n stuff....any1 got usefull tips for him...

Dont wear mad t-shirts (with Death and kill on them).

I had my nails painted with england flags, which got us on the topic of football,
and surprise surprise, we both supported the same team.

FF cupped Arctic 182
I was shaking with nerves on my driving test, but luckily i got a lovely examiner who could tell just how nervous I was, and said to me that i could pull over and compose myself if i wanted (i carried on) and made a couple of stupid mistakes, jabbered a load of nonsense and repeated everything the examiner said to me and STILL managed to pass 1st time :cool:

So I would suggest your mate tries driving better ;)

172 cup
Same here - I had a lovely woman examiner and she could tell I was nervous and just said to take it easy and it would be ok - she immediately put me at ease and I also passed 1st time

80MPG BEEZA
they have details of how many times one person has done their driving tests and the dates, they also have details of where you got minors and majors in your previous tests and can take it into consideration,

tell him just to take it slow and look in his mirrors all the time your cant go wrong

i failed first time a combination of school kids running round the car while i was doing a reverse around a corner, and she said i drove to far to the left "im on my side of the freaking road" she wore bottle end glasses though so meh

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
how much is each test?
heard it was 70£ a go

gonna put in for mine soon

Maybe tell him to take his test in a different area ??
When I did mine (about 8 years ago now) I was going to Hornchurch who had a bad pass rate, one of my mates went to Brentwood & passed there, I did the same & passed too.

Just get him to tell the instructor he wants to do a different area & get some lessons there so he knows the roads etc.

Tangoed Works
^^ As above, dont wear a hoody cap and tracky bottoms lol. He should put on some glasses as well. Anything to look as nerdy and sensible as possible. Worked 4 me.

clio...
Build a good rapport with the examiner. I was sweating buckets in mine, but I just kept a steady conversation when appropriate and he was sound.

320d
  • Keep calm
  • Keep your observations up
  • Think whats the next hazard,
  • Get your manouvers right
  • Be confident but not over confident
  • Keep cool under pressure
  • When your doing manouvers and people are waiting let them wait.
Thats exactly what i told myself to do on my 2nd test and passed with 4 minors, and its exactly what i didnt do on my 1st test and failed with 6 minors 2 serious because i was unbelieveably nervous because i wanted it too much.

Its all fresh in my mind because I only passed 4 weeks on thursday.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
I had a women who was too busy soaking up the sun and talking on my test on a saturday morning, safe to say i passed 1st time with 1 minor lol

RenaultSport 172.
I have a friend who is on his 8th test - he thinks the examiners have it in for him - I just keep telling him its cos he's a crap driver lol

to put it bluntely lmao...

i passed on my 3rd...just tell him/her not to give up and to keep on trying....theyll pass ONE day lmao!
:)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
You don't have to do a driver test here (South Australia).

You can.

Or you can simply sign up with a driving school, and as soon as the instructor signs off that you've acquired all of a list of specific skills, and you've got licenced drivers to sign off in a log book that you've put up enough practice miles you get your licence.

People think it matters. That a tougher test makes better drivers. All the road safety studies say its not actually true. There's a classic study that compares three groups. One that got virtually no driver training, one that got some, and one that got a lot. The group that had the most crashes in the year after they were given licences was actually the group that had had the most training. But the public generally, and particularly loud self-appointed experts, and the driver instruction industry just won't believe it.