ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped a 1p :( :(

Mk2 Clio 1.6
not too sure whether this is the right section, but heres my problem. ive managed to drop a 1p down the vent that runs along under the windscreen:(. it slides about every time i go round a bend.....nightmare!!

anybody know how i can get it out?

Cheers

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
not too sure whether this is the right section, but heres my problem. ive managed to drop a 1p down the vent that runs along under the windscreen:(. it slides about every time i go round a bend.....nightmare!!

anybody know how i can get it out?

Cheers

Unscrew vent have a poke around and voila. May I ask how you managed to drop a 1p in there?

Mk2 Clio 1.6
is it just the two screws at either end yeah? because the thing seemed pretty sturdy when i had a tug at it.

i chucked my wallet as i keep it in that dooket and all my shrapnel came flying out the wallet.....:( raging!!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yes if the same as mine clips in either end too the wipers may get in the way so abit of tugging and bending will be needed

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Ahh right I'm not too sure then probabaly a dash out job, there is a fair few bolts and screws involved in that, I think there might be a guide in the guide section, if not maybe a search. I took mine out about a year and half ago, it wasn't that harder job really

Maybe wedge £20 down there to make it worth it?

Lol..or your mums wedding ring.

Now being silly you could just turn your music up loud so you cant hear it sliding about...or put a blob of glue in there so the penny sticks to it...or put lots of other pennys in there and use it as a piggy bank?

Last edited:
  Mondeo TDCI 130
Had a megane come in with these symptoms!!! took us forever to find! Some nitty kid had managed to get a bearing in the heater box!! roll...........clonk, roll clonk! Grrrrrr!