ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drove a mk2 last night.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
For the first time.

Was a 1.2 16v, I own a Mk1 1.2 8v.

The big difference was power steering (which I don't have), obviously that made it easier to drive.

The seats were a lot more comfortable aswell.

There's a hell of a lot more screeching when you hit roundabouts at speed from the mk2, but I guess I do have 15's compared to the mk2's 14's.

Do I prefer the mk1 or 2 to drive? Has to be the mk2 unfortunately. Mk1 for looks still though!

Speedwise I feel the the mk1 gets off the line quicker than the mk2 but once it gets into 3rd upwards the mk2 seems to be a bit faster.

We had a bit of a race on the way back, seemed nothing in it really, we're going to do more tests in the future.

Do I prefer the mk1 or 2 to drive? Has to be the mk2, much more comfortable/in control. Mk1 for looks though.

MK1 Clio 16v
Never driven a MK2 but i would image they're probably smoother to drive than my valver, the engine rocks about no end in mine, really annoying!

MK1 for looks though, don't like the bubble-shape of the newer Clio's..