ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drove it hard, steering became is now too light.

Clio 197 2008
Took the 197 for a proper spin couple of night ago. Done some 100 miles and thrashed it good. However - I didn't hit any bump or pots and the roads were good.

In the parking lot I notice the steering has gotten really light, way lighter than it used to be. It didn't float left/right but it seemed to have a dead spot and its turn-in was noticeably not as crisp as before, especially to the near-side.

Two days now and and the steering is still too light.

Anyone had anything like that ?

Clio 197 2008
I don't think it's that 'cause it didn't got hit with anything.

The only thing that could be related, even though it makes no sense, is that right before the steering got light I took a junction in first gear and changed real late (way above 7500, no idea what speed). After that I started noticing it. Maaaaybe it's somehow related. :dapprove:

I'll put her at a the dealer next week and see what they say.

BMW M135i
Hows it when driving normally? Its electric PAS so its supposed to lighten right up at low speed and when parking.