ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drove my first 200 today!

Ly Megane 230 F1
Got a test drive in a 200 today..cup packed (but no recaros :( )

I was really impressed with the build quality compared to the 182

Comfier ride
Better/quicker steering
Generally just felt alot tighter to drive if that makes sense?
Brakes are phenomenal imo..emergency stop check from 60!

I was not overly impressed with the actual speed of the car going from the 182.. i wasnt expecting wonders but i got back into my 182 and it feels quicker(car has a pipercross panel filter and is decated)

I am seriously considering getting a 200 now though but i need some opinions.. For me to go from the 182 to the 200 its going to cost me around £200/250 a month.. are they worth this or would you get another car?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Try to get owt better for the money - if you can, compare.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Personally i wouldn't bother with one without recaros unless you are planning on fitting them yourself?

If you can afford it then go for it.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Alien green or storm grey would be my first choices of colour..then LY, UR and RB. White speedlines? not to sure on that though :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
is storm grey a solid colour? ive seen one on the road but couldnt get a good look at it. AG is brilliant though

white speedlines are awesome. saw a set on a white 200 today. ill try and find a pic on ly for you, its awesome

Ly Megane 230 F1
I think storm grey is a solid but thats just my opinion from looking at photos ( i maybe wrong )

Im intrigued by a ly with white wheels :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
_HRP5190_2_.jpg

2012-03-06161125.jpg

Last edited:
If I was upgrading I don't think I would get a 200 from a 182. There isn't enough of an upgrade for me personally and like you said your 182 felt faster, if I was upgrading I'd want something that is noticeable quicker. Great cars mind. Could you stretch your money to a megane 250 on finance? Think that would be similar money depending on your deposit.

Ly Megane 230 F1
No megane 250 is a bit to much of a jump in price for me.. I was looking at 230 f1's but then they would be to expensive for my girlfreind to insure compared to the clio Its about an extra £60 a month on insurance alone to have a 230 instead of a 200

Megane r26
Tbh I would hold fire for a megane, I went from a 172 to a 197 an guess what? I'm back in a 182 :) I know the 200 had a few differences to the 197 but can't see them being worlds apart

225 Cup & Williams
I agree with the above. I done a similar this albeit I went from a 172 to a 182 trophy and regretted it big time. Now running about in a 225 cup and actually feels like I've got a new car now and not just a new model if that makes sense.

Ly Megane 230 F1
It does make sense and i understand but a megane is out of the question untill i either have more available money or insurance comes down :)

MCS R56
Remember the 200 will be thirstier than the 182. Not sure if you have added that as part of the monthly payment increase.

I tried one of the Megane dCi 175's - what a car!

RB 182 195bhp
As a side thought for the money of a 200, surely you could get BMW M3, Honda S2000, or Astra VXR and still have change left over. All of which would feel faster?

Clio RS200
As a side thought for the money of a 200, surely you could get BMW M3, Honda S2000, or Astra VXR and still have change left over. All of which would feel faster?

You can't put an Astra VXR in the same league as an M3 or an S2000 lol.

An M3 would be faster but insurance would likely be a boat load more and also running costs would be more.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Itb's is a great shout! But you did mention about build quality which if im honest i would assume 200's have moved on a bit

Do not buy a Vxr whatever you do. M3's might be 9k to buy but their still 40-50k cars to run.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
If you're considering changing and want to keep with a Clio then IMO you can't go wrong with a 200. I worked for Renault for 9 months and has a 200 with Cup pack and reactors as my demo and loved it. (I also own a 172 & 182 and previously owned a 197) and if my financial situation was better I'd go for a 200 in a heart beat. Even over a Megane 250. I preffered the 200 to the 250 as coming from a Focus RS after the 197 I realised the outright speed wasn't all that. It was the hustling of the car and the racy engine.
All is just my opinion.
As for storm grey, it was the same cost as a metallic and so I think it is metallic, but looks awesome and is the colour I'd choose as a used car.

Clio 200 Cup
If you are seriously considering a 200, bargain hard with the dealer (assuming you are looking at a new one)
The offers aren't quite as good as 18 months ago, however,

Renault 'offered' me a new 200 Cup recently (mines due for PCP renewal time) and within two emails I had the price down by £3k....just saying.

Clio 200 Cup

BUT the same money gets you a New Clio 200 with a 4-year warranty. And from what I've seen so far, Renault are pretty good with the warranty and don't mind you doing track days.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
BUT the same money gets you a New Clio 200 with a 4-year warranty. And from what I've seen so far, Renault are pretty good with the warranty and don't mind you doing track days.

If the cambelt snapped on me doing 120 at a track day, i most certainly wouldnt tell them ive done a track day.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Personally, id be looking at what other cars you can get for the money.

I was completely unimpressed with my 197, it just wasnt quick enough for the mpg.

Keep the 182, buy another daily - it'll still be cheaper than lumping all your money into a 200.

Focus Tit Est & R26
Storm Grey is a solid colour. That ly one above looks lovely.
Storm grey was one of renaults I.d paint options iirc so will be pearlescent
its like luna grey on the Megane r26.r which is also pearlescent but you wouldnt tell from photos
both great colours

Leon Cupra 300
I was completely unimpressed with my 197, it just wasnt quick enough for the mpg.

See i think the opposite... Think it's about right, it's better than my lasses 206 GTI 138.. and that's a chunk slower.

but... You do lots of motorway work at 80+ mph and i don't do any really. I'd say for that sort of driving a 197/200 is completely the wrong kind of car.

On the sort of driving i do my old 330 auto sat at around 26/27mpg, the 197 is doing 35!

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
This unfortunately is the downside to these cars.

A guy at work has a 400bhp Monaro and his MPG is not a lot less than I get in the 200.

He's telling you absolute rubbish, from my experience on SUL the Monaro will get 22mpg and the 200 32mpg with similar driving, these numbers are not the same.

Fiesta ST200
Pearl white if your going to get one. It's different and they are rare as rocking horse s**t!

No regrets at all getting mine in that colour!

Lol, have you read Martin_172's thread on his 200 issues and what Renault done?

Storm grey was one of renaults I.d paint options iirc so will be pearlescent
its like luna grey on the Megane r26.r which is also pearlescent but you wouldnt tell from photos
both great colours

SG is defo solid.

It might have been one of the I.D. paints but it was £405 compared to the £1200 odd for the pearlescent I.D. paint.