ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drumming humming noise at 50mph

Clio 172
posted this in the wrong bit just now...oops

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me? :rolleyes:

I've got a Clio 172 2002 and it's got a very annoying humming noise coming from the back of the car. It starts at 50mph and doesn't stop until I go below this again. I've recently had new wheel bearings on the back so it can't be them. It can't be the tyres can it? It's quite an annoying noise that gets right in your ear! (if you know what I mean?!)

I'm stuck :hail:

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
it sounds like wheel bearings, though, from what you describe.

Perhaps a stuck caliper?

Meg 230 f1
i ave got the same problem thought it was coming from front first, changed one of the bearings but no luck, now ordered 2 new back ones from k-tec see if that will do it if it dont i am going to drive it into a wall.

Clio 172
:banghead: I know what you mean!

What tyres do you have on the back? Maybe they're the same and that's causing it with both cars?!

Clio 172
Just thought I let you know it was the tyres.

They had unevenly worn, quite noticably, hence the noise...

Guy said it's really common on some types of cars. I wonder how many of us have changed endless amounts of bearings when it was the tyres all along :banghead:

Glad it's fixed anyway! :clap: