ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ds2500 pads worth it???

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
i need new discs and pads on the front of my i see everyone says about hc discs and ds2500 pads but are they really worth £129 for pads that seems a heck of alot of money when the pads are on £60

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
I had brembo hc discs and ds2500 pads with braided lines and they are immense, would definite recommend if your looking to upgrade your brake setup

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
well id like to say id do track days maybe one i spose. mainly to and from work though with occasional b road blast?

where dose everyone get them from ive seen them on the k tec site

Si

RS Clio 172
i've just got the mintex pads to go with my HC discs and braided lines. I'm more than happy :)

get all of the above from auto-nation iirc. Great service.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
There only 80 from a motorsport supplier up here ; p. Didn't believe it myself till I had a look in and priced them.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
can u get them from normal motor factors? as i am in the trade so would be able to get trade price

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yes!!! Might source some for mine in a few months. (had some few years ago) Would make the car do an endo i'm sure

Clio 172 cup
I have standard pads (Ferrodo) from Renault, coupled with Brembo HC discs and the stopping power is unbelievable. I find it hard to believe the 2500's could provide much more than that. Certainly not enough (imo) to warrant the extra £60 anyway.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I have standard pads (Ferrodo) from Renault, coupled with Brembo HC discs and the stopping power is unbelievable. I find it hard to believe the 2500's could provide much more than that. Certainly not enough (imo) to warrant the extra £60 anyway.

DS2500s are so much better than standard pads.

Fitting issues.

I've they were filed properly before they were fitted you'd be fine. They are ever so slightly larger than the standard pads.

They can still squeal even fitted properly.

Clio 172 cup
DS2500s are so much better than standard pads.

A lot of people get Brembo HC's and Ds2500's fitted at the same time. All I'm saying is that a lot of people seem to credit the pads and not the discs. Imo the discs seem responsible for a LOT of the braking performance and I genuinely find it hard to believe that I could get THAT much more braking power than what I'm getting now.

As I said before, I'm running HC's and Standard Ferrodo's and I'm literally stopping in an instant.