ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DSLR Help.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Just thought I would start a thread, was going to PM Dan but I thought he would be too busy to answer and this way I can get everyone's views.

Looking for an all round camera, one that shoots good sized pictures - Poster size for a graphics course and the like. Good enough for portrait work and to shoot cars (probably not action shots) - More paint correction etc.

I have dabbled in photography but honestly, this will be my first DSLR. I don't mind jumping in at the deep end and learning quickly as there are a lot of tutorials on here, it's all practise at the end of the day. :approve:

I have been looking mainly at Nikons. I find that I can get on with using them, more so than Canons.

The price range is about £650 for a body, lense, bag, tripod and a couple of cheap filters.

D5100's seem like quite a good camera. Anyone have any views on the camera or any better alternatives?

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I have been looking at D90's because they get rave reviews from everyone by the looks of things, Just depends if I can stretch a little bit more. Can you suggest anywhere for cheap accessories? Like the bag and tripod?

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I take it with the Auto focus motor in the D90 body you wont need an auto focus on the lense? So therefore if I were to buy a different lense it would be cheaper?
Thanks for the link Dan, found something similar to what I was thinking of.