Ok over the last few weeks I have been playing about doing different things to see what makes my car slower or faster. I have found the following things.
1) Switch off all the powered stuff (odviosly not your lights, if you need them on, have them on. But if you dont, switch em off) The stereo (with sub and amp and speakers etc) seems to sap the power. It might just be the fact I can hear the engine and the road noise and it apears faster because of that. But I am sure it hurts your acceleration and causes your car to rev higher at a fixed speed than if your not running anything. If you think about it, it makes sense. Your engine, when powering electrical items, is working like a generator, the more power you want the more the engine has to work to give it to you.
2) Put on a jumper and switch the heater to the blue part and not the red part. Even if you dont have the fans on it seems to make the car slower. Dont know why though, it cant take that much power.
3) Optimax. I have been using this for the last few weeks and although its not made my car any faster its made it smoother and run a lot better.
4) Dry run. This is the one that I have noticed the best gain from. Go out for a nice econimical drive for 20 mins and bring the car back. Now anytime you run the car that day it seems to be so much more lively. Even if you havent run it in hours its still better.
5) A nice warm day. Just like what we are having now, it seems to be a lot livlier. Probably nothing but the better mood the sun puts me in, but it feels better.
With all these in conjunction I have been having a much happier driving experience lately. They wont give you much more power, but it makes it a lot more enjoyable experience. Besides when you beet a Nova now you can tell the driver its because you switched off your heater and not any fantastic mods that made him loose. That should rial him/her a bit.