ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dual Monitor Setup on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabook

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I've searched the web, asked on various forums including Dell's support forum and still haven't got a helpful response!!

I have a Dell XPS 12 on order, it has a single Mini Displayport to connect external monitors. I want to be able to use this with 2 external monitors and have the laptop monitor off. Does anyone know whether this is possible? If it is, how?

FF Clio 182
Yes but if both screens are running off the same port then you will only be able to duplicate or extend the screen onto the displays. Also in power settings make sure you set it so when you close the lid it doesn't do anything. ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Watch out Brain, I've got a Dell ultrabook to and those DP's are pretty crap. Mine will only allow a max resolution of 1366x768 no matter what monitor I plug it in to.

I wanted to run Solidworks on a sexual 20" monitor but no, stuck with a crappy 17" Dell POS.

Mink

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Cheers Minky! Change of plan now, changed my order to an XPS 14 as the GFX on the 12 wouldn't be up to my requirements I don't reckon. £1459 of laptop though so best be good, luckily not me forking the bill though!