ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dual Optic headlights

Clio Phase 1 Sport
I had a little accident with my car the other day :( and am in need of a new set of headlights, bonnet etc. As it's the clio sport, I've got dual optics as standard, now I can't get hold of any. Anyone know of anywhere reasonably priced? Angel eyes would be an alternative if not? I'll try post a pic of the car "/

Clio Phase 1 Sport
IMG00014-20110508-1319.gif

There's it is :'(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh no .. what happened (aside from the obvious!!)

Please 4TLOG don't put angel eyes on that .. is it a 172 ? Doesn't look like an RS colour to me but then what do I know...

Jap Box
Oh no .. what happened (aside from the obvious!!)

Please 4TLOG don't put angel eyes on that .. is it a 172 ? Doesn't look like an RS colour to me but then what do I know...

Its a Clio sport, always confusion here :rasp: basically a low model clio such as 1.2/1.4 with "sport" items such as dual optics, fogs, they also tend to have the PH2 interior in them, must have been the end of Renaults part bin so they decided to make it another model to use the bits up.

Anyway, how id that happen, you sure theres no other damage underneath as it looks bad

EDIT: Looking at the pic again, are the light actually damaged? As in cracked etc, if not then why not just pop them back into place and make up some new brackets for them as I assume thats whats broke.

Clio Phase 1 Sport
the lights themselves arent cracked, but they don't work at all :( basically I came round a corner (at the speed limit) then the next thing I remember is hitting a 60 plate BMW from behind. There's a good 7 seconds that I can't account for "/ mostly cosmetic tbf, I managed to snap an engine mount. But the crash bar is pretty much straight. So it's fixable :) are angel eyes no good then?

Jap Box
the lights themselves arent cracked, but they don't work at all :( basically I came round a corner (at the speed limit) then the next thing I remember is hitting a 60 plate BMW from behind. There's a good 7 seconds that I can't account for "/ mostly cosmetic tbf, I managed to snap an engine mount. But the crash bar is pretty much straight. So it's fixable :) are angel eyes no good then?

Hmm, are any of the components on them broke as it might well be that the lights are fine, checked all fuses/relays etc and one might have popped out upon impact.

Heres a set of ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41597156c0

Clio S & VW T5
The lights are smashed to bits inside, the reflectors are shattered and the rear of the light casings are well and truly knackered. :(

The slam panel is also bent backwards, the headlamp bowls are damaged and the top offside engine mount broke. I think the bumper is salvageable, as are the wings. Guess who's going to be paying for the replacement panels???;)

Clio S & VW T5
Managed to get a set of new old stock dual optics off ebay for a good price, and the bonnet, slam panel and engine mount have been replaced. I've welded in new headlamp bowls and started repairing the bumper and plastic welded the fronts of both front wings.

It's back on the road for now; but not painted yet - he needed the car for college :-(