ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dual Optic / Sport Headlights

S reg'd Clio 1.4 RT
MK.2 Phase.1

The sport/dual optic headlights!

What would I be looking at paying to get my hands on a 2nd hand pair?

Thanx, Kolin!

i dont know why but i feel the urge to post this:

172light.jpg

and yeah, they'll be about £100 plus fitting, unless you're good at fiddling with wires and fuses :)

Nike Lunar Elite's
Nope, you don't need the wider arches, all ph1 lights are the same size, shape, etc

Lots of Alfas
Along with the clusters you need to put in another fuse in the fusebox, you also need to buy some Hella adapters for your clio wiring unless you want to make your own which I did.

You also need to buy 2XHB3 bulbs and 2XH7s. You also need to adjust your current light adjusting servos (which will come out the old lights and fit in the new) fully in so they are not to high.

they are nice, i just cant justify £100 for them and the cost for all that ^^^, hence mine are staying as they are

S reg'd Clio 1.4 RT
hella adaptors??
what are these?

apart from that i think the rest I can handle!

if not I'll ask for your advice if that's alright?

A well built VW
^ What a bargain wonder what nice chap sold you them

Kolin where you from ? If local im willing to help fit (fife)

S reg'd Clio 1.4 RT
From Durham mate!
I'll be able to do it!

May just need to ask advice!

See what the differences are first!

Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated!

Lots of Alfas
Ill help aswell just PM me. If you buy them from cliospares they might send a you a simple guide to wire them if your lucky, as mentioned above you just need to split your earth wire into 2 to feed 2 headlight bulbs instead of one. The other wires are for each lamp, if you need to know more I have a wiring diagram. You can get the adapters from Hella or Renault but I dont know the part numbers.

The fuse is to make high beam stay on with the low beam, this is required to pass a MOT. The fusebox is ready to accept a fuse if you need to know which let me know and Ill have a look as I cant remember now.

Edit: actually I think the fuse is to make the sidelights stay on with the dipped beam! Its been so long ago since I fitted the lights I cant remeber now!

Last edited: