ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Due an upgrade

Fiesta ST-2
Due an upgrade next month. I currently have a 3GS which I love, so was hoping to get the latest iPhone which looks to be coming out nearer the end of the year... Now I dont know whether to get something else HTC sensation/ galaxy s2 or get a cheap sim to fill the gap between now and the release of the new iPhone. What's the best sim deals at the minute and how do people rate the HTC/Samsung smart phones?

HTC are brilliant phones. If you like tinkering with phones to make it how you want it go with the HTC Sensation out in a couple of weeks. If you want something that just works go for the white iPhone 4 out on Weds. Sell it when the 5 comes and buy the 5

Fiesta ST-2
HTC are brilliant phones. If you like tinkering with phones to make it how you want it go with the HTC Sensation out in a couple of weeks. If you want something that just works go for the white iPhone 4 out on Weds. Sell it when the 5 comes and buy the 5

Or get a htc sensation and sell that when the iPhone 5 comes out?

Fiesta ST-2
Think I'm going to go for the Samsung Galaxy S2, the Iphone 4 tarrifs are ridiculous! I'd have to pay £305 for the Iphone 4 on the contract I want, but its only £99 for the S2 which is superior and a year newer.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just go on a sim only deal and wait? That's what i'm doing.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Wait. I wouldn't get the galaxy unless they have made some big big improvements to the original.

As soon as my contract expires i'm going for any iphone deal i can get. Any iphone>galaxy from what i've seen.

Mito Sportiva 135
HTC Sensation is what I'm going for. Even if you think Apple products are the best, try an HTC Android phone and you will realise that all the advertising is a little bit stretched these days, they really aren't the class leaders like they used to be IMO.

LY 182
Think I'm going to go for the Samsung Galaxy S2, the Iphone 4 tarrifs are ridiculous! I'd have to pay £305 for the Iphone 4 on the contract I want, but its only £99 for the S2 which is superior and a year newer.

I assume you mean superior in terms of cost? It's not a better phone...

Fiesta ST-2
Its a better spec phone, that's fact. Whether you think it's better in terms of operating system or whatever that's your opinion. And it's actually cheaper.

LY 182
Specs aren't the be all, just like the Windows Vs Mac debate. Tbf it does look good and most certainly the best alternative to an iPhone. The thing I like best about these phones is they're pushing things on which means Apple will just make the iPhone even more awesome. :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
I think that the iPhone pushed all the competition to improve their game. All Apple need to do is make the new phone in a new colour and hordes of people will still buy it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The only phone i'd buy outside apple would be a HTC these days. Just my honest opinion.

Fiesta ST-2
Yeah the sensation I was leaning toward but the galaxy s2 seems to beat it in most areas from what I can see. Agreed, competitive market is win win for consumers!

Mito Sportiva 135
Sensation isn't out yet but from the research I've done the Sensation is the one to go for. The HTC UI is better than Samsung's, it has a better build quality and HTC are widely considered the benchmark for Android phones (based on the Hero, Desire, Sensation S and Desire HD).

iPhone 4 is a good phone don't get me wrong, but I think most people would choose the HTC is fancy marketing was removed from the equation.

The Sensation should be a fair bit more advanced than the iPhone 4 on release and a better package than the LG Optimus X2, Motorola Atrix, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc etc etc