ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dumb question of the day

A red missile
I've got shedloads of dvds at home, what software do i need to convert them into a format that i can stream over our home 100Mb network so we can watch them on other machines?

Any help will be much appreciated, cheers.

Fiat Panda 100hp
video converter, google it there are loads, when u copy ur dvds to ur pc u will need to take the security off them, use anyDVD for this, when there on ur pc they will be vobs. i think, then convert them to AVI, then they become around 700mb. But its alot of effort, if i was you i would carry the disc to the computer u wanted to watch it on and put it in the dvd drive :)

A red missile
Cheers guys, will look into those, whilst looking round i found AOA Ripper that does the job all in one go, takes a while but does a decent job.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
You could just share the DVD drive and open the files at the other machine? Or do you want to stick a load of movies on your hard drive?

A red missile
I'm wanting to put a load of files onto a network attached storage box mate, we have network points and computers all over the place here, its mainly for the missus to watch films in her office.

Its proving to be a right pain up the arse to do, but im sure theres a decent chewie in it ;)

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
nice ;)

What I would do is use the already mentioned dvdshrink to rip the discs to a .iso. I would also disable compression if you have a decent amount of space. Then mount the iso with any virtual drive software and play as usual!