ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dump Valve Problem

Skoda Fabia vRS

last night on the way home from the girlfriends, the noise my dump valve makes suddenly changed, it was a clear change of sound from one gear change to the next........

it has now gone from a very crisp tsshhhhhh to a its got a cold sounding tcchhhhoooo

ive had the dump valve off today and the diaphram looks fine, there was a small amount of oil inside which i cleaned out and the noise did change slightly however its not back to how it was

anyone got any ideas

ive checked all the pipes aswell and i cant find anything, car is boosting as it was before and doesnt seem to be running any different

i know sometimes the springs bed in and change the sound but this was a sudden change in sound....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u sure it hasnt torn ????

chuck it away and get a blow off valve.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

oh meant to say they normally change sound like that when they have a tear, 1 of the reasons most people dont bother with them and go for a piston type valve.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yeah, it sounds like youre torn the diaphram in the DV matey...

Get a higher rated one!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

might be a fine split in the diaphram - go to rtoc and ask - they will know. Get a forge group a they are the bollox