ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dusty after wash and waxing.

A Euro'd one...
Whenever I clean my car i see dust particles attracting to the car even though Ive just waxed it! Is there a certain product I can use to prevent/reduce this?

106 GTi
Works great. Very much - Getting through it far to fast though. Did it's job on the way to the French Car Show so well.

Main advantage no streaks on Black even in the sun.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Have you guys also tried Clearkote Quikshine? I find that works very well as a anti-static quick detailing spray.

106 GTi
Been using the Quickshine for a 2/3 years, not noticed any anti-static properties to it though. Very nice QD though and leaves a great finish, though does streak slightly on black in the sun.

RB 182
Yes mate, if your car isn't dirty (not been driven etc) you can wipe it over to get that shine looking good.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh i dont think the chemical guys anti static QD is that anti static . Granted it is an excellent QD , but i haven't noticed any difference , i still get dust on the car , i think it must be the nature of the wax that attracts the dust more readily.

Can't fault the chemical guys products from carwashnwax though . Still a massive fan of the extreme body wash n wax shampoo , XXX hardcore paste wax and the silk shine sprayable dressing , good on the interior dash etc , it doesn't leave it too shiny , just a nice finish also tried it on the tyres and was pretty impressed , lasted a few weeks .

http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=13&pno=0&pid=548442&cat=&ack=9&search=&sought=

Monaco Blue Mk2
Im gonna get some carwashnwax stuff soon.

Prob the extreme body shampoo as that sounds good along with this quick detailer.

A Euro'd one...
Carwashnwax.com seems to be getting everyones vote. I'll definitely be ordering a load of gear once my Meggy products run out.

RB 182
$torm Rider said:
Carwashnwax.com seems to be getting everyones vote. I'll definitely be ordering a load of gear once my Meggy products run out.
Send an email to David at info@carwashnwax.com and tell him your username on here with a list of your order and you'll get a discount too.

106 GTi
MRBILLYUK said:
Tbh i dont think the chemical guys anti static QD is that anti static . Granted it is an excellent QD , but i haven't noticed any difference , i still get dust on the car , i think it must be the nature of the wax that attracts the dust more readily.

It works for me and I am sceptical of most things! Drove the 100 or so miles to FCS and it almost 100% stayed dust free, Waxed it with Souveran while there and drove home, car was dusty as hell when I got back. Wished I had wiped it down before I left.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rich said:
It works for me and I am sceptical of most things! Drove the 100 or so miles to FCS and it almost 100% stayed dust free, Waxed it with Souveran while there and drove home, car was dusty as hell when I got back. Wished I had wiped it down before I left.

^^^^ A bit confused there Rich :S You said it works , as in not attracting dust then you said it was " dusty as hell " when you got back from FCS .

My cars ok for a day or so after a good wash , wax , anti static QD , but within a few days its back to having a fine coating of dust just as it was before using the QD . Tbh i don't think theres anyway round the dust on the car problem other than washing every 2 - 3 days .Then your not actually eliminating the problem of a waxed car attracting dust but hiding the fact that a waxed car attracts dust .

When i had my 172 i only ever polished it a couple of times in the 4 years i owned it , washed it every couple of weeks , never waxed it but never had the dust problem .

Apparently waxes that contain beeswax like P21'S are prone to attracting dust , also any product that contains silicone will attract dust . So i guess that is where the problem lies , a waxed car will attract dust and there doesn't seem to be any way around it :(

106 GTi
Trip up: the CG QD as the LSP = No Dust

Trip home: Souveran as the LSP = Dust atraction. ( Waxed the car at the show and did not QD it after with the CG spray)

Showed it works at least!

As you say Carnubas attract dust, where as some sealnats such as Zaino don't.

If you use the QD as a LSP then the dust will be minimal ,but if you wax over the QD then dust will form as your wax is stripping the anti stactic agents within the QD

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I used the quick detailer over the wax . I even tried doing half the bonnet and half the roof as a comparison and i couldn't see any visible difference . Only thing i have noticed is that when it rains the dust does seem to wash off more than before i used the quick detailer so i guess thats a bonus :)