ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dutch Iceberg 172 ph.2, lots of pictures

Clio RS 172 Ph.2, Z3
After reading just about every post here on ClioSport, I thought it was time for me to introduce myself.

My name is Bert, I live in the Netherlands together with my girfriend and Bernese mountaindog.
Late last year the idea was to have my girlfriend try out for her driving license.
So she went and took lessons, but being the car nut that I am, I already began looking for a car for her.

Since I work for Renault and having colleagues that are pretty passionate about RenaultSport, I knew it had to be a RenaultSport Clio.
At first we looked at ph.1 172´s, but after a while we decided to spend a bit more cash and go for a ph.2.

We found one owned by a Renault mechanic, went for a testdrive and bought it on the spot.

It´s a 2001 model, Iceberg metallic and it already had a V6 spoiler and beautiful 17 inch Twingo RS Cup wheels.

Offcourse it didn´t take long for me to start making the car ´my own´. (Even if its ment for my girlfriend)... ;-)
First off: Fabia splitter!

Then: Red brake calipers! (Yes, I am 16 at heart).

The obligatory Ring sticker: I´m going there next week to spend my 2 week holiday, can´t wait!

My very perceptive co-workers noticed that my car still had its rust-warranty.
Which was awesome, since the bonnet was starting to get a bit bubbly underneath.
So: Thank you Renault for paying for a new bonnet!

Albeit pretty, I didn´t like the way the car behaved with the big wheels.
So I sourched a set of OZ Superturismo´s in 16 inch, wich were pretty beat-up.
Had them refurbished in a NATO grey and applied new, red decals to go with the red callipers.

But couldn´t fit them without lowering the car a bit, since it looked like it had the undercarriage of a Land Rover...
In came the postalworker, bringing Eibach goodies!

Also played around with some carbonwrap:

Anyway, this is how it sits at the moment, i´m very pleased with it!
The OZ wheels make it feel like the car weighs 400lbs less (even if these are not the lightest wheels money can buy), incredible what a difference!

And a collage of all the wheels that have been under this car:

Thank you for reading my post and thank you very much for all the inspiration. (And upcoming bankrupcy)... :p

Clio RS 172 Ph.2, Z3
Thank you Andy!
Yeah, the wheelchange is the best thing that could happen to the car.
Everybody is going crazy over big wheels, but for a drivers-car, bigger is absolutely not better!

Clio RS 172 Ph.2, Z3
Finally, it was time for our vacation!
The bungalow we rented was only 20 minutes away from the Nordschleife of the Nurburgring, so naturally: The Clio had to come!
And it was amazing!
Did quite a few laps, and the car performed very well.

Some proof:

My girlfriend went along for a couple of laps:

Together with my father:

Clio RS 172 Ph.2, Z3
For the Clio IV introduction, we wanted to have all four Clio generations in the showroom.
So we did! It looked really nice.
Finally some real cars in the showroom! ;-)

I also changed my turnsignal lights to Silvervisions:

And a couple of bonusphotos from three weeks ago: