ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DV720

guess, but yal be wrong
I have just bought a ripspeed dv720 dvd/cd/radio thingy for my car and i was just wondering if there was any way of fiddling the wiring or something to stop the warning message from appearing when trying to watch a dvd when moving.

its just that when i drive my sister anywhere, she gets bored very easily and i figured if i could fix this problem it would keep her entertained.

cheers scott

guess, but yal be wrong
well what i've done is connected it to a permanent live which means that i can view dvd's when stationary, but when i drive along, this warning keeps on appearing every few seconds on the screen. my uncle seems to think that it may be appearing when a current or something keeps on going through the permanent live wire, and the warning is an automatic thing which works off this current or something like that.

anyway, i'll try and connect it to the earth wire. it may sound stupid but what colour is the wire, because there is loads of wires and i don't want to waste my time trying it with every wire?

cheers scott

S13
There should be a seperate wire ie seperate from the ISO connecting block that has a little tab on it that says Parking Brake or Hand Brake, this is the wire that needs to be grounded.

I've only ever come accross those wires needing to be connected to live feeds on some Pioneer units, not that it matters much because you've connected it to a live and it clearly isn't working. Try grounding it fella, shouldn't take too long to scotch lock the fucker.

guess, but yal be wrong
There should be a seperate wire ie seperate from the ISO connecting block that has a little tab on it that says Parking Brake or Hand Brake, this is the wire that needs to be grounded.

I've only ever come accross those wires needing to be connected to live feeds on some Pioneer units, not that it matters much because you've connected it to a live and it clearly isn't working. Try grounding it fella, shouldn't take too long to scotch lock the f**ker.[/quote]

what do i have to do to ground it and i've already scotch locked it to the permanent live anyway?

cheers anyway

S13
Well un-scotch lock it from the red/yellow one and scotch lock it back onto the black one. Use the ground the stereo side of the ISO connector as the wire is bound to be thinner which'll make it easier to lock in to. Plus doing it that way you won't damage your original stereo wires.

It's easy mate, take you 5 minutes from start to finish.

Edit: Before you do anything, have a good read of the manual and make sure you have the right wire, mind you if the thing hasn't blown up by connecting it to the live then I doubt you'll do much damage by grounding it.

guess, but yal be wrong
done

and it works, i grounded the wire.

i have a question to ask, how easy'hard would it be to put a freeview box, including wires in the car/head unit