ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DVD drive help..

Right starting a new thread for this issue.

Using Sony Architect I've created a DVD with menu's etc. rendered and prepared this but Sony didn't want to burn, so I turned the DVD folders into an ISO using a different programme then burned using Nero Burning ROM, it worked fine.

Have since updated the DVD and created a new ISO Image, now when I go to burn on Nero its refusing to work. At first it was selecting the wrong drive and wanted to create its own image file each time on my hard drive..

Now with what I hope is the correct drive it just does nothing saying, Waiting for drive to become ready...

I've been playing around for hours and can't see anything obvious?

edit: have recently burned a CD so works, could it be that the drive is in use with another programme?

Last edited:
  nothing, blown up!
itunes in background turn the comp off and ONLY open the programs u need, try burning a disc again.

Clio 172 Ph2
It could be that the drive cannot initialise the media you've put in it.

As such, it'll never enter the 'ready' state. Try some totally different discs.

Other than that, close down all programs that could be using the drive. i.e. packet writing software, any media players etc.

Also, you can get Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com and have it search for processes using 'cdrom' (use 'Find Handle'), or 'x:' (again, use 'Find Handle' - where x: is the drive letter of your burner).