ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamique SPAX or APEX

H22A7 Accord Type R

Anyone got any views on the Spax springs? I know a few people are dropping them 40mm on APEX, but i can get SPAX at a discount from a good company we deal with! Are the APEX progressively wound? The SPAX are 35mm drop, which would still look good on the Car! Any opinions overall??? Cheers, Rob

Had Spax springs on my 172 MK2 and they were superb. Cant speak for the others as I havent tried them. Lots of people like Eibach springs on here too...

R.

H22A7 Accord Type R

yeah i was going to get eibach, supposed to be the dogs doo-das! but only 30mm............id prob moan a little lol! Ive seen a pic of a portugeese clio like mine on Eiback and it looked nice! But 35 sounds nicer! I thnk i will go for the Spax, due to the discount i could get on them! Cheers for the comments!

Lionel Richie

30???? 35????? sort it out, 60mm!!!! (i know you want to be sensible and boring!!!)

I had Apex 40mm on before my Pi 60mm and they were wicked, i can e-mail you a pic of my car with the 40mm Apex on if you want???

H22A7 Accord Type R

yeah go for it mailto:fred............cliorob@hotmail.com">fred............cliorob@hotmail.com

H22A7 Accord Type R

tom, is it the silver one with super ts that has the 60mm drop? thats very well, but to be honest, id say my dynamique sits 20mm lower as standard than yours did as standard.........so thats stale-mate lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 08 January 2003

tom, is it the silver one with super ts that has the 60mm drop? thats very well, but to be honest, id say my dynamique sits 20mm lower as standard than yours did as standard.........so thats stale-mate lol
that was taken 30 seconds after i did it

you should see it now!!

20mm lower eh? - maybe

H22A7 Accord Type R

as standard i would say the dynamique sits lower........ i dunno, cant make my mind up, apex sounds good lol!!!!!!! does n e one kno if the Apex springs are progressively wound??

they are not......neither are spax.

i would go for spax, apex are more budgety.....and under new ownership, spax has risen above most.

H22A7 Accord Type R

the spax ones are! SSX springs i think they are called. I thought the Spax ones would be better

all I can say is that the Spax springs are better than Pi springs I have had in the past, plus the Pi ones have a reputation as being like cheese string quality. (cant say all reputations are valid and correct though)

Lionel Richie

Crisp packets????? I want to eventually (when i have some money!!) want to be slowing down for rizzla papers!!!!