ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E.C.U wont reset....???

172 Cliosport, vw t5
I've had my 1st clio 172 ph 1 sport in the garage to get mot'd etc.... the E.C.U has fault codes that wont reset, air bags etc.... ross motorsport have told me the E.C.U thinks the car has had a crash and therefore wont reset the fault codes.
I was told this is a common problem and cannot be rectified even at the main dealers, so a replacement is required.
Can any hardcore clio heads shed some light on this subject for me please..????
Des :-(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Go on eBay, type in "Renault Clio airbag crash reset"
£20 and it's sorted.

172 Cliosport, vw t5
You can use a secand hand one with no codes if you match up the numbers put up a pic of ecu ill see if ive got 1
Hi, cheers for your response..... How do you know its code free until its fitted on the car??? is there a test method available??? I don't yet have the details of the E.C.U as I only found this out a short while ago.... apparently there are a few E.C.U's on these cars, can one cause another to not reset??? see "blokes" post about air bag crash data.... surely you connect a diagnostic to one port which opens all E.C.U's???
p.s.... apologies for my lack of technical know how...

Des

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Because its come from a car with no lights on and no knocks if the numbers dont match it wont work but CAN be coded. Send it off if your unsure

172 Cliosport, vw t5
Because its come from a car with no lights on and no knocks if the numbers dont match it wont work but CAN be coded. Send it off if your unsure
Ok.... thanks for your help, i'll get a pic of the unit and number code and go from there if that's ok??