ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E10 in 182's

Clio Trophy
Have their been any reported issues running these on E10?

E5 super can sometimes be a pain to get locally so I'd hope there's been some folk using E10 without issue...

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Should be fine

1692021894392.png

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I knew it was officially ok, was more if anyone had noticed anything.
I occasionally ran my old 182 on E10 when I couldn't get 98/99 Ron on my fuel card. But never purely on it for any long period of time.

Rather I'd fill up with E10 and then stick half a tank of Shell V Power or Tesco Ultimate when it had run down sufficiently. Nothing to report.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've splashed £10 in to get home when I was running on fumes and found out there wasn't any super at the particular garage, no issues that I noticed for the few miles I drove before I diluted it back down with super. I doubt it'll blow up your engine or cause terrible running.
I just have my doubts about the long term effects of higher ethanol content in fuel on rubber for example. The manual says 98RON recommended though and I don't think you'll find E10 with that sort of rating, not that I've seen anyway, so potentially you won't be getting full power with lesser fuel.
Plus you get a few % less MPG on E10 vs E5, so really doesn't make it much dearer to run E5 anyway. If it's only available ages away from you, I can't say I'd blame you though.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
In the short term it's fine, if you're not using the car much then use a stabilisation additive